STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
CASA of the Heartland seeks a highly motivated individual to become the Executive Director for the Court Appointed Special Advocate Program covering Hardin County, Kentucky. The Executive Director will oversee the court-appointed special advocate program, which oversees trained volunteers to advocate on behalf of the best interest in children who are in the court system due to abuse and neglect.
The Executive Director manages all staff members and is responsible for the overall management of the entire organizational program operation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Research and prepare grant proposals and other resource development opportunities
- Develop and maintain a donor base for both monetary and non-monetary resources
- Develop and maintain a donor tracking system
- Collaborate with the board of directors on fundraising events or activities
Organizational and Program Planning and Reporting
- Manage all issues involving volunteers (such as recruitment, training, screening, and supervision), court officers and social workers, and other interested parties
- Remain informed of all relevant activities of the organization
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed and submitted to the appropriate agencies that issue permits, memberships, licenses, or other accreditations required for the organization to be fully certified
- Prepare quarterly program reports and status updates requested by the board of directors
- Ensure that all CASA stakeholders are fully apprised of the chapter’s directives and activities
- Ensure complete organizational compliance with established board policies and protocols
- Conduct master planning activities with staff and board members and track progress toward achieving goals and milestones
- Ensure organizational compliance with the state association and National CASA standards
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with other CASA leaders, identifying networking opportunities, and actively participate in state association and National CASA events, including attending both state and national conferences whenever possible
Community and Public Relations
- Coordinate public relations and advertising activities to increase public awareness of CASA, solicit donations, and recruit volunteers to support organizational growth
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with all officers of the court, the Cabinet for Human Resources, the Hardin County Clerk’s Office, public and private organizations that support or perform child welfare activities, and all local, state, and national officials that interact with the organization
- Identify and manage media opportunities, including the development and release of information packets, press releases, and article solicitations to ensure public awareness of CASA activities within the community
- Make presentations to interested organizations to promote awareness of CASA activities and needs within the community
- Train and develop all administrative, management, and volunteer (in conjunction with the Volunteer Coordinator) staff, and prepare and deliver their annual performance evaluations
Management Liaison to Board of Directors
- Attend and actively participate in board meetings
- Ensure the implementation of all board directives, policies, and protocols
- Communicate all relevant information regarding organizational operations, challenges, and changes to the board of directors
- Monitor committee activities and attend their meetings as needed
- Manage day-to-day fiscal operations
- Submit monthly and quarterly financial reports to grant-awarding agencies as stipulated in the terms and conditions of the grant received
- Review and approve all monthly and quarterly financial reports and substantiate documentation submitted with expense reports
- Submit invoices to the Treasurer and authorize the payment of funds for reimbursements and other expenditures per the financial policies established by the Board of Directors
- Assist the board of directors in the annual budget development process as needed
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Business, Public Administration, or Social Work required, with a master’s degree preferred
- Minimum three years of experience with child development, family crisis intervention, social work, clinical psychology, or other social services required
- Prior experience in the administration of volunteer, non-profit, or public agency management preferred
- Experience with fundraising, grant procurement, and resource development
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational and record keeping skills
- Dependable personal transportation with state-mandated insurance coverage
- Ability to interact with individuals of different socioeconomic, cultural, and educational backgrounds in a variety of circumstances
- Ability to interact professionally and objectively when faced with hostile, angry, frightened, and/or abusive individuals
- Ability to manage multiple volunteers and staff members; train them to perform their assigned duties; and develop, establish, and maintain productivity and quality standards for their work
- Ability to engage in public speaking and other public awareness activities on behalf of the organization
- Ability to maintain confidential information and records
- Previous supervisory, management, or leadership experience required
- Must be able to work under stress and in fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work under conditions, which require sitting, standing, walking, reaching, bending and stooping.
- Reasonable accommodation will be provided to qualified individuals with a disability, as necessary.
The Executive Director is accountable to the board of directors
Competitive salary in the high 40s to low 50s range, commensurate with experience.
CASA of the Heartland offers paid time off, a family-friendly supportive work environment, and the opportunity to join a network of people committed to supporting the best interests of children in Hardin County.
To apply please send a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com
CASA of the Heartland is an Equal Opportunity employer.