Kentucky CASA Network, Inc. seeks a highly motivated individual to become the Program Director for CASA Services in Lincoln, Pulaski and Rockcastle Counties, Kentucky. The Program Director will be managing court-appointed special advocate volunteers who advocate on behalf of children in the court system due to abuse and neglect. The Program Director also will assist in the local communities’ efforts to establish an independent local CASA program. It is a full-time, exempt position, with the expectation that at least 75% of work time will be dedicated to the duties pertaining to volunteer management, and the remaining work time dedicated to the development of an independent local CASA program. The position reports primarily to the KCN Deputy Director, but this is a joint project with the local CASA planning committee in Lincoln, Pulaski and Rockcastle Counties and collaboration with the local committee is to be expected.
About Kentucky CASA Network
The KCN has a mission to strengthen and support Local CASA Programs to build capacity to serve abused and neglected children involved in the Court System through no fault of their own. The KCN is the recognized State association in the Kentucky Revised Statutes 620.550.
- Recruit, screen, interview, and train new Court Appointed Special Advocate volunteers.
- Assist in creating CASA volunteer training programs and training material.
- Organize and provide pre-service and in-service trainings to CASA volunteers.
- Supervise and facilitate CASA volunteers in performing their duties, including, but not limited to, determining the best interests of the child, preparing recommendations for court, and ongoing advocacy services.
- Attend court.
- Review reports prepared by CASA volunteers to assure they are appropriately written and delivered to all parties.
- Maintain volunteer files and reports.
- Maintain case files.
- Maintain data using electronic data system.
- Ensure the safeguarding of confidential information relating to children, their families and volunteers.
- Follow terms of providing monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Maintain appropriate contact with CASA volunteers, with personal contact occurring at least once per month, and more frequently as may be appropriate or necessary, and having regularly scheduled case progress meetings.
- Consult, coordinate and collaborate with other providers of child welfare services.
- Ensure that National CASA and KY CASA standards and statutes are met.
- Ensure that VOCA requirements are followed.
- Assist in coordinating activities of the Local CASA Program Planning Committee
- Assist in providing technical support to the Local CASA Program Planning Committee
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Pass required background checks
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Experience in child welfare system, court system and/or supervision of volunteers preferred
KCN offers a competitive salary, a generous PTO policy inclusive of sick, vacation, and personal leave, a family-friendly flexible work environment and the opportunity to work with a team who share a passion for helping children live in a safe and permanent home.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to casaLPR.firstname.lastname@example.org by December 30, 2019.
Kentucky CASA Network, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.