This position will work closely with local Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) programs in the Western Kentucky region to build capacity, develop new CASA programs, and provide targeted, extensive technical assistance to existing, new, and developing programs. This position will work closely with the Kentucky CASA Network’s (KCN) Director of Program Capacity and Support and the State Director to implement the association’s strategic growth plan, with a goal to increase the number of abuse and neglected children who have access to a CASA volunteer throughout the Commonwealth.
About the Kentucky CASA Network:
The KCN has a mission to strengthen and support local CASA programs to build capacity to serve abused and neglected children involved in the court system through no fault of their own. The KCN is the recognized state CASA association in the Kentucky Revised Statutes 620.530.
- Provide quality assurance reviews for local CASA programs in the Western Kentucky region to ensure compliance with relevant statutes, standards, policies, and procedures and use of best practices in volunteer recruitment and retention to promote program growth
- Respond to requests for information and technical assistance from local CASA programs relating to volunteer management, program operations, child welfare policies, and nonprofit governance
- Provide as-needed temporary volunteer management services for CASA programs in transition to ensure continuity of services
- Organize meetings with judges, advisory boards, stakeholders, and partners and disseminate public awareness information for new and developing programs in the Western Kentucky region
- Assist new and expanding CASA programs in the region with the development of essential infrastructure and founding documents and oversee developmental steps for each level of membership with the National CASA/GAL Association
- Develop a specialized area of interest with statewide impact to assist local CASA programs
- Collaborate with the Director of Program Capacity and Support and the Director of Training to assess local program training needs and implement additional trainings for particular programs, as directed
- Work with and mentor new local CASA program executive directors
- Bachelor’s degree in social services/child welfare, nonprofit administration, public policy, or related field. Master’s level coursework highly desired.
- Strong working knowledge of the CASA programs and the system in which CASA volunteers navigate is highly desired
- Detail-oriented team player with a strong work ethic and the ability to work remotely with limited supervision
- Ability to make strategic goals become desired results
- Passion and dedication to the mission in working with vulnerable youth and displays high levels of integrity, judgment, and compassion
- Ability to work a flexible, intermittent schedule with some work periods requiring statewide travel and evening work
- This position will travel an estimated 20% of the month throughout Western Kentucky
- Ability to complete the 30 hours of pre-service training for CASA volunteers
The KCN offers a competitive salary; a generous PTO policy inclusive of sick, vacation, and personal leave; employee health care; mileage and cell phone reimbursement; a family-friendly flexible work environment; and the opportunity to work with a team of professionals who share a passion for helping the Commonwealth’s children be able to live in a safe and permanent home.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com by May 22, 2020. Please note that due to COVID-19 and social distancing guidelines, there may be a delay in on-site interviews.
Kentucky CASA Network, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.