This position will work closely with local Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) programs to build capacity; conduct on-site quality assurance support; develop new CASA programs; and provide targeted, extensive technical assistance to existing, new, and developing programs.
This position will work closely with the Kentucky CASA Network’s (KCN) Deputy Director throughout the Commonwealth to implement the association’s Strategic Growth Plan with a goal to increase the number of children who have access to a CASA volunteer.
About the Kentucky CASA Network:
The KCN is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, governed by a board of directors, that provides ongoing development, training, technical assistance, and resources to local CASA programs across Kentucky. The KCN advocates for the needs and interests of CASA programs and volunteers with industry stakeholders, state and federal officials, and child welfare decision-makers to advance the CASA mission statewide. The KCN has a mission to strengthen and support local CASA programs to build capacity to serve abused and neglected children involved in the court system through no fault of their own. The KCN is the recognized state CASA association in the Kentucky Revised Statutes 620.530 and by the National CASA/GAL Association. The association currently supports 24 local CASA programs that served 3,500 children in 2020.
- Assist the Deputy Director with quality assurance reviews for local CASA programs to ensure compliance with relevant statutes, standards, policies, and procedures and the use of best practices in volunteer recruitment and retention to promote program growth
- Respond to requests for information and technical assistance from local CASA programs relating to volunteer management, program operations, child welfare policies, and nonprofit governance
- Provide as-needed temporary volunteer management services for CASA programs in transition to ensure continuity of services
- Organize meeting with judges, advisory boards, stakeholders, and partners
- Assist new and expanding CASA programs with the development of essential infrastructure and founding documents and oversee developmental steps for each level of membership with the National CASA/GAL Association
- Collaborate with the Deputy Director and Director of Training to assess local program training needs and implement additional trainings for particular programs, as directed
- Work with and mentor new local CASA program Executive Directors
- Candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social services/child welfare, nonprofit administration, public policy, or related field; master’s level coursework or a certificate in a related field is highly desired
- Strong working knowledge of CASA programs and the system in which CASAs navigate is highly desired
- Experience and understanding of nonprofit organizations
- Must be able to work remotely with limited supervision, be able to make strategic goals become desired results, and be a detail-oriented team player with a strong work ethic
- Candidate should have a strong passion for and dedication to the mission of working with vulnerable youth and display high levels of integrity, judgement, and compassion
- Must be able to work a flexible, intermittent schedule with some work periods requiring 20-30% statewide travel and evening work
- Must complete the 30 hours of required pre-service CASA volunteer training
- Note: This is a remote position within the state of Kentucky and the KCN is seeking applicants statewide
The KCN offers a competitive salary; retirement and healthcare benefits; a generous PTO policy inclusive of sick, vacation, and personal leave; short-term disability benefits inclusive of maternity, paternity, and adoption leave; a family-friendly flexible work environment; and the opportunity to work with a team of professionals who share a passion for helping the Commonwealth’s children be able to live in a safe and permanent home. The salary range for the position is mid-$40,000s.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by September 17, 2021. Please note that due to COVID-19 and social distancing guidelines, there may be a delay in on-site interviews.
Kentucky CASA Network, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.