The Kentucky CASA Network (KCN) is seeking a highly qualified candidate for its new position of Director of Volunteer Recruitment and Program Capacity. The primary responsibilities of the position will be to assist local Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) programs with the statewide recruitment of CASA volunteers and to support new and existing local programs with program development and expansion. This position will work closely with the State Director/CEO in implementing the association’s statewide Growth Plan and on the mission to increase the CASA footprint across the Commonwealth.
The KCN staffing structure is a cross-functional, collaborative model. The Director of Volunteer Recruitment and Program Capacity will also work closely with the Director of Communications and Marketing with the association’s efforts on statewide marketing and volunteer recruitment campaign. The position will report to the Director of Communications and Marketing.
The main office of the Kentucky CASA Network is in Louisville, Kentucky. The KCN seeks to recruit diverse applicants and encourages those from marginalized and diverse backgrounds statewide to apply.
About the Kentucky CASA Network
The KCN is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, governed by a board of directors, that provides ongoing development, training, technical assistance, and resources to local CASA programs across Kentucky. The KCN is the recognized state association in the Kentucky Revised Statutes (KRS) 620.530 and the National CASA/GAL Association for Children.
The KCN has a mission to strengthen and support local CASA programs to build capacity to serve abused and neglected children involved in the court system through no fault of their own. The association advocates for the needs and interests of CASA programs and volunteers with industry stakeholders, state and federal officials, and child welfare decision-makers to advance the CASA mission statewide. The KCN currently supports 22 local CASA programs that served more than 3,700 children throughout the Commonwealth in 2021.
Statewide Volunteer Recruitment
- Serve as the volunteer recruiting lead for outreach to statewide stakeholder and membership organizations
- Cultivate relationships and identify key partners and opportunities for local programs to recruit CASA volunteers
- Attend, present, and table at statewide events, conferences, and membership organizations
- Work with the Director of Communications and Marketing to implement the statewide volunteer recruitment strategy
- Assist local CASA program staff on volunteer recruitment and retention efforts
- Assist new and expanding CASA programs with the development of essential infrastructure and foundational documents
- Oversee developmental steps for each level of membership with the Kentucky CASA Network and National CASA/GAL Association
- Serve as the statewide lead on NCASA expansion calls, document development/new program development process
- Work closely with developing boards of directors and advisory committees to create and develop new local CASA programs
Desired Areas of Expertise and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, nonprofit administration, or related field strongly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of the CASA program and the system in which CASA volunteers navigate is highly desired
- A commitment to the principles of recruiting diverse volunteers
- Three (3) or more years of experience relevant to recruiting volunteers and leading successful volunteer programs in the human services field
- Well-developed interpersonal, public speaking, written, and program development skills
- Detail-oriented team player with a strong work ethic and the ability to work remotely with limited supervision
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to make strategic goals become desired results
- Ability to work a flexible, intermittent schedule with some work periods requiring statewide travel including evening and weekend work
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, and Salesforce
- Ability to complete the 30 hours of pre-service training for CASA volunteers
- Approximately 60% of the work will require travel statewide. Travel may be required outside of normal business hours and on weekends.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $55,000-$60,000. Benefits include retirement and healthcare; a generous PTO policy inclusive of sick, vacation, and personal leave; short-term disability benefit inclusive of maternity, paternity, and adoption leave; a family-friendly and flexible work environment; and the opportunity to work with a team of professionals who share a passion for ensuring the Commonwealth’s children can live in safe and permanent homes.
Kentucky CASA Network, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to the attention of the State Director/CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 3, 2023.