The Kentucky CASA Network (KCN) is seeking a highly qualified candidate for its new position of Research and Data Analyst. The primary responsibility of the position is to lead and align the collection, management, and architecture of all internal and external data for the Kentucky CASA Network’s projects and initiatives. This position will also support the evaluation efforts of the Quality Assurance Team and provide support to the organization’s performance measurement work.
The KCN staffing structure is a cross-functional, collaborative model. The Research and Data Analyst will work collaboratively with all KCN staff and will report directly to the Director of Communications and Marketing.
About the Kentucky CASA Network
The KCN is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, governed by a board of directors, that provides ongoing development, training, technical assistance, and resources to local CASA programs across Kentucky. The KCN is the recognized state association in the Kentucky Revised Statutes (KRS) 620.530 and the National CASA/GAL Association for Children.
The KCN has a mission to strengthen and support local CASA programs to build capacity to serve abused and neglected children involved in the court system through no fault of their own. The association advocates for the needs and interests of CASA programs and volunteers with industry stakeholders, state and federal officials, and child welfare decision-makers to advance the CASA mission statewide. The KCN currently supports 22 local CASA programs that served more than 3,700 children throughout the Commonwealth in 2021.
- Consolidate and streamline all data involving KCN project work to include Quality Assurance; grant reporting; AOC/DCBS annual data; diversity, equity, and inclusion data; performance measurement data; National CASA/GAL data; and statewide volunteer recruitment/retention data
- Work with the Director of Communications and Marketing on Optima support to local programs and participate in the State Optima and Performance Measurement Workgroups
- Provide data analysis and support to the KCN Quality Assurance Team
- Facilitate internal data with KCN staff
- Support KCN staff in analyzing qualitative and quantitative statewide CASA data from evaluation
- Collect, organize, and analyze data in a wide range of formats and from multiple sources
- Consult with KCN staff and local CASA programs to ensure organizational needs are met and data collection efforts are streamlined and optimized to ensure integrity in data collection
Desired Areas of Expertise and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or higher from accredited four-year college or university required; economics, statistics, business, data analytics, or related fields preferred
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of professional experience working in data collection or program evaluation
- Strong analytical skills, including knowledge in the modeling and analysis of data
- Computer proficiency and experience: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and other statistical analysis software as well as communication such as Microsoft Teams, Google Workspace, and SharePoint.
- Experience using survey and interview instruments; Survey Monkey and Google Forms preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities and tasks
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of the Kentucky CASA Network and the local CASA programs
- Ability to manage and complete tasks and meet project deadlines. Must be detail-oriented, accurate, and have excellent proofreading skills. Ability to prioritize, manage and hold oneself accountable for completing multiple tasks both independently and as well as part of a diverse team.
- Strong customer service skills internally as well as to external partners and member programs
- The main office of the Kentucky CASA Network is in Louisville, Kentucky. A strong preference for candidates to be located in Louisville, though applicants statewide are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration. The KCN seeks to recruit diverse applicants and encourages those from marginalized and diverse backgrounds to apply.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $48,000-$52,000. Benefits include retirement and healthcare; a generous PTO policy inclusive of sick, vacation, and personal leave; short-term disability benefit inclusive of maternity, paternity, and adoption leave; a family-friendly and flexible work environment; and the opportunity to work with a team of professionals who share a passion for ensuring the Commonwealth’s children have the ability to live in safe and permanent homes.
Kentucky CASA Network, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to the attention of the State Director/CEO at email@example.com no later than February 3, 2023.