The Kentucky CASA Network, Inc. (KCN) seeks a dynamic individual for the part-time position of Administrative Assistant. The ideal candidate for this position should be a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and attention to detail. This position will provide assistance to two staff members in the Louisville office as well as to six remote staff members. The KCN seeks to recruit diverse applicants and encourages those from marginalized and diverse backgrounds in the Louisville area to apply.
About the Kentucky CASA Network
The KCN is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, governed by a board of directors, that provides ongoing development, training, technical assistance, and resources to local CASA programs across Kentucky. The KCN is the recognized state association in the Kentucky Revised Statutes (KRS) 620.530 and the National CASA/GAL Association for Children.
The KCN has a mission to strengthen and support local CASA programs to build capacity to serve abused and neglected children involved in the court system through no fault of their own. The association advocates for the needs and interests of CASA programs and volunteers with industry stakeholders, state and federal officials, and child welfare decision-makers to advance the CASA mission statewide. The KCN currently supports 22 local CASA programs that served more than 3,500 children throughout the Commonwealth in 2022.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, etc.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Maintain contact lists
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Assist in the preparation of reports
- Provide support for trainings and conferences, including registration, general logistics, and compiling evaluations
- Book travel arrangements and reserve hotel room blocks for KCN staff and local programs
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems
- Assist with data collection and data entry
- Assist KCN staff with annual statewide CASA conference planning and logistics
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Effectively communicate with KCN staff, local programs, and external parties via phone, email, MS Teams, and face-to-face interactions
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven administrative or assistant experience
- Proficient in MS Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint)
- Proficient in Google Workspace products (including Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Forms)
- Familiar with Zoom Meetings
- Comfortable with learning new technologies and processes
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Associate degree in related field; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Familiarity with the Court Appointed Special Advocate program and the child welfare system
- Experience in event management
- Experience with the Salesforce CRM platform
- The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, have a strong work ethic, be able to take direction, and be able to complete tasks independently
Compensation and Benefits
This is a 30-hour per week position with a salary of $31,000-34,000, contingent upon relevant education and experience. The KCN offers a generous PTO policy inclusive of sick, vacation, and personal leave; employee health care; a family-friendly flexible work environment; and the opportunity to work with a team of professionals who share a passion for helping the Commonwealth’s children be able to live in a safe and permanent home.
Kentucky CASA Network, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to the attention of the Manager of Administrative Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 2, 2023.
Download job posting as a PDF