October 3-4, 2023
The Kentucky CASA Network is excited to present Advocacy at the Core: 2023 Kentucky CASA Conference in Lexington this fall. Conference attendees will gain knowledge, skills, and understanding aimed at enhancing and supporting the best interest advocacy provided to children served by CASA volunteers. This year's event will provide sessions centered around the Core Model of CASA best interest advocacy, which includes the following components of the CASA role: Learn, Engage, Recommend, Collaborate, and Report.
- Learn: These sessions will increase information gathering skills utilized during best interest advocacy
- Engage: These sessions will enhance knowledge and skills utilized when developing relationships with abused, neglected, and dependent children
- Recommend: These sessions will increase understanding of services available in communities, which services and supports are most effective for supporting the safety and permanency of children, and how to clearly articulate recommendations for these services and supports to judges in the dependency, neglect, and abuse dockets
- Collaborate: These sessions will provide updates on trends in local child welfare and court practice/policy, enhance understanding of the court process, and gain best practices for collaborating with stakeholders to meet children’s needs
- Report: These sessions will enhance court report writing and case monitoring skills
The conference will kick off on Tuesday, October 3, with a half-day of content geared toward local CASA program directors, board members, and staff. Wednesday, October 4 will include a full day of sessions for all audiences, centered around the Core Model.
The schedules for both pre-conference events (Oct. 3) and the full conference (Oct. 4) can be found here. The times and room locations for specific breakout sessions will be available on the Whova app and in your conference program.
Full session descriptions are now available. Read through each to find out more about what will be covered! We hope you'll join us and your CASA colleagues from across the state this October in Lexington.
We are excited to have subject matter experts join us to lead each of our conference sessions. Read through their bios to learn more about their backgrounds.