Friday, Sep 21, 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – September 21, 2018
Contact: Andrea Bruns, State Director
Kentucky CASA Network
Phone: (502) 238-2154
The Kentucky CASA Network Recognizes Award Winners at Annual State Conference in Louisville
The Kentucky CASA Network (KCN) recognized several Awards of Excellence winners during a luncheon at the Association’s Annual Statewide Conference in Louisville, Kentucky on September 19. The awards recognize the excellent work of the CASA mission statewide in the following categories: Board Member of the Year, Judge of the Year, Program Director of the Year and Volunteer of the Year. In addition, the KCN recognized two legislators who were able to attend the luncheon, Representative Jason Nemes (Louisville) and Senator Alice Forgy Kerr (Lexington) for their support of CASA statewide.
This year’s recipients include:
- Board Member of the Year: Josh Heffinger, Board Chair, CASA of South Central Kentucky
- Judge of the Year: The Honorable Deanna Henschel, McCracken County Family Court
- Program Director of the Year: Nicky Jeffries, CASA For Kids serving Kenton, Campbell & Pendleton Counties, Inc.
- Volunteer of the Year: Cheryl McGruder, CASA Program for Bullitt County
- Legislative Champions: Representative Jason Nemes, Senator Alice Forgy Kerr, Representative Steven Rudy, Senator Dennis Parrett, Representative Jeff Greer, and Senator Whitney Westerfield. The KCN was pleased to have First Lady Glenna Bevin in attendance to help present the Volunteer of the Year Award.
“These awards are equally shared by the thousands of Kentuckians who work tirelessly each day on the CASA mission is support of finding a safe and permanent home for abused and neglected children,” said Andrea Bruns, the State Director of the Kentucky CASA Network. “Whether you are a CASA volunteer, program staff, board member, or donor to the CASA mission, we have deep appreciation for all that you do to help the most vulnerable children in the Commonwealth”.
About the Kentucky CASA Network
The Kentucky CASA Network, Inc. (KCN) is the State Court-Appointed Special Advocate Association as recognized in Kentucky Revised Statutes with a mission to support and strengthen Local CASA Programs who support trained community volunteers appointed by Judges to represent the best interests of dependent, abused and neglected children in Kentucky. In 2017, 980 CASA Volunteers advocated for over 3,000 abused and neglected children. Kentucky currently has 22 CASA Programs covering 56 Counties in the Commonwealth.