Fearless Financials: Addressing Advanced Financial Reporting Issues
Organizer: Center for Nonprofit Excellence
Many of our members request specific assistance with some of the more detailed issues specific to nonprofit accounting. If you need more detailed information about specific financial concerns this class is designed to focus on those issues including:
• Accounting for contributions received
• Defining contribution vs. exchange transactions
• Accounting for in-kind contributions and contributed services
• Accounting for capital campaigns, and fund-raising events
• Discounting of long-term pledges
• Classifications of net assets as unrestricted, temporarily restricted, or permanently restricted
• Accounting for third party trusts
• Accounting / disclosing for a nonprofit as the beneficiary of a Will
• Reporting expenses by their functional classification
• Audit requirements for non-profit organizations
• Application of fraud and risk assessment standards in an audit of non-profit financial statements
At least some of these issues most likely apply to every nonprofit organization. If these are the issues that concern you, there are specific accounting standards to be followed to properly record and disclose these items in your financial statements. We encourage participants to ask questions about their organization’s specific accounting and reporting issues for these topics discussed.
This is a highly rated annual event is for board members, executives, managers, and senior staff who need more intermediate/advanced knowledge.